I realized the other day I promised I would post my mac and cheese recipe and never did. So here’s my super easy and ridiculously tasty mac and cheese recipe. It looks like a lot of steps but it’s super easy and so worth it.
1) Fill a pot with water and set it to boil
2) In a second pot, I add 1/2 cup milk
one tablespoon butter,
and one tablespoon flour.
3) Season the milk mixture with whatever spices you like. I always add black pepper
and this time I added come cajun spice to kick up the heat a little.
Wisk everything together and stir it periodically until it thickens up.
4) When the water starts boiling, add a cup of pasta to the pot.
Play with your new candle while you’re waiting for the sauce to finish.
My extra sharp cheddar comes in a block of eight ounces. I cut it into eight pieces of an ounce each.
5) Once the sauce is ready, remove it from heat and add one ounce block of grated cheddar. Wisk it quickly so it melts into the sauce.
This time I added two tablespoons of parmesan for a little more dimension.
6) Once the pasta is finished boiling, drain and toss it in the sauce pan.
7) Preheat the oven to 350*
8) Layer the macaroni and cheese in a baking dish with a little cooking spray.
9) Top the pasta with a tablespoon or two of parmesan.
10) Then top it with a tablespoon of breadcrumbs. I added some cajun spice on top of this as well.
11) Pop the pan in the oven until the parmesan melts.
Play with the candle some more while waiting.
It doesn’t take very long before you have a big bowl of creamy cheesy pasta!
I was a little heavy handed with the cajun spice, but it was so good!